The Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended) puts uses of land and buildings into various categories known as 'Use Classes' which are detailed below.

'Change of use' can occur within the same use class or from one use class to another.

Depending on the specifics of any proposed change of use, including any building work associated with the proposal, it may require an application for planning permission or prior approval.

A Drawing Pack ContainS:

  • Site/Block plans drawn to a scale of 1:500 or 1:1250 (sometimes 1:2500 in rural areas).
  • Elevations, proposed and existing.
  • Confirm the correct orientation by the presence of a north point.
  • Show a clear red line around the ownership.
  • Design & Access statement.
  • Confirm the site address.